Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mustache Diaries - Week 3

Dear diary.

The last two weeks have flown by and the growth of my moustache has been outstanding. After returning from the North Island I had to immediately organise some magazine production details, and spent the remainder of the week packaging bikes for my casual work at Trail Journeys. The weekend came and it was time again to go and find some outdoor entertainment, I headed to the Queenstown Winter Festival. I spent an afternoon paddling and continued to sample the delights of the new Bliss-Stick Smoothy.

Then over the last week the new magazine arrived, so I spent many days popping back and forth between the local Post office, book-store and occasionally fixing bikes out at trail journeys. A few queer looks were received from the post office staff when I dropped off a few hundred magazines sporting a fresh set of handle-bars...

I'd been challenged to obtain a photo of my moustache at a sporting event, and after failing to get a photo at the local kayak polo finals I decided that Friday Night basketball was the key. After giving my camera to someone to obtain an action shot (see photo) I was a little disappointed... a picture of me on the otherside of the court and facing away from the camera didn't really do the trick. Although we did win our game and my mustache helped me to sink 3-pointers like Larry Bird did with his.

Instead I opted for the self-portrait of me watching the highly entertaining girls basketball game. I think my moustache may have made me look a little seedy watching the local high-school team and taking snap-shots.

I also took the opportunity to combine the tasks and the shot of me attending a sporting event also made its way onto my facebook page.

Happy growing fellow competitors, these handle-bars are in for the duration!

Antz




1 comment:

E. Garrett Bryant said...

I think we have a blatant violation of the man mustache code. thou mustache shalt not have any accessories nor may extend onto the chin.

eXTReMe Tracker