Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Sextache Diaries Vol 3

Woah, It's been a busy couple of weeks. After successfully convincing the people of Thailand to grow more moustaches, I have turned my attention and my manly upper lip towards Laos. Unfortunately the interweb is sloy and unreliable most of the time here so I have to post when I get the chance.

First things first - the challenges.
Getting a photo outside a barber shop was a littly too easy, I decided to get a
shave and style while I was at it.
I scouted around for a suitably hair salon that was worthy of trimming my almighty sextache, after a couple of hours I found one

I brought along a photo of Ron Burgundy to help as I briefed the barber on my requirements. I took a walk and came back later that evening for the big event.
Now I can't say for sure, but I think there may have been a bit of a language barrier. My Thai only goes as far as ordering beer but I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for a shampoo shave followed by a DRY SHAVE with a cut-throat razor.
As you can see from the photos, both the barber and I had fear in our eyes that night. After a half hour of pain and adrenaline, I emerged with a styled tache but minus a layer of skin. Aftershave never hurt so much.

Next challenge: Underwater photography.
A trip to some nice waterfalls near Luang Prabang in Laos did the trick. I didn't think it was possible but if anything my sextache looks even better underwater than above - it must have something to do with the magnifying effects of water. While I was there, I took the opportunity to convince a few more people to grow mustaches of their own.

Facebook
Since changing my profile photo I expect to get a lot more friends requests.

As you can see from the photo, I am constantly being chased by girls on motorbikes, they just can't get enough of the tache.
Sorry ladies, this dude is taken! (although there is still a month to go and girlfriend is less enamored with my tache than expected. Something about ruining our holiday photos - women eh!)

From reading some of the other blogs, it looks like some of my fellow competitors are trying hard to stay in the game. Keep it up boys, puberty is bound to kick in any day now.

I have to get as much as I can here, it took me a while to find an internet connection reliable enough to upload photos



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep Living the dream!!!!!

Grassey said...

Legend Enda.

Still blowing the competition Away!

Unknown said...

Nice one ron-you are so amazing and handsome with that facial adornment. You should put up a comparison pic of when u had dreds so people can see how magnificent this relly looks on you!

eXTReMe Tracker