Saturday, July 5, 2008

Serpico man...He's Serpico.

Whatever... I am a crime-fighting super hero. Well, maybe more like a crime fighter in a Super Hero. Anyway, my real quest was working over 120 hours in the last two weeks. I know what you're thinking..."Not fair, not fair!!!" - "Policing and mustaches go hand and hand!" While that may be true in some instances, like if you're a Canadian Mountie or something (eh?), it is less true around here. I did, however, intially describe the mustache growing as an attempt to get in touch with my "inner cop." Regardless, my fellow police officers continue to take great pleasure in finding ways to both, draw attention to and metaphorically describe my mustache growth. Hey, I'm happy to provide a source of entertainment in the otherwise dismal atmosphere of crime and punishment. What it may lack in generating respect and admiration among my peers, the 'ol mustache does provide an unspoken aire of authority and integrity when I deal with the public. Either that or it's just scary. I'm not quite sure which. In the end, we all know that in any confrontation - especially in determining the one, true, Mustache King - only one question really matters. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya...punks?

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker