Saturday, June 7, 2008

Surprisingly ill equipped to play

Being of the lesser facial-hair growing persuasion, it's always possible I've bitten off more than I can chew. But what is the fun in doing things you know you can pull off?



Since I am already more or less clean shaven on a daily basis, I went the full nine and exactingly shaved everything else. I'm speaking, of course, of my big toes. It's true; I have a sprinkling of hair across the tops of my big toes. I ashamedly shaved it in high school, though more recently I have come to love the fuzz. So, with a tear in my eye this morning, we parted company.

To up the ante a bit more, I intend to chase after some of the world’s choicest monikers for the revered Moustache, fulfilling them to the utmost. I won’t let on which yet, but I will say that the mythic Lip Ferret would be a mighty undertaking indeed, as well as potentially life threatening.

Now I’ve been told that cold water/weather paddling will put hair on my upper lip, and while so far that’s done little but dissuade me, I fully intend to get out in my Wavesport EZG and Dagger Agent as much as possible for the next two months.

Game on, men.

---

Karja Hansen, Green Giant, Potomac Paddlesports, Washington DC

2 comments:

Jud said...

hahaha, a fellow Washingtonian! Please don't grow a better mustache than me. I get beat by girls in kayaking enough, I can't handle losing to a girl in mustache growing

jHo said...

No, she isn't going to go out with you Jud...and stop hitting on the other contestants, this is a serious competition and we must maintain a professional attitude at all times.

But seriuously....call me anytime Karja

eXTReMe Tracker