Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Sextache Diaries Vol 2

Well, 2 weeks of stubble came to fruition on June 14th when my rugged good looking designer miami device was sculpted into the epitome of manliness. I won't lie to you, it was a tough decision to decide which style of mustache - or sextache as it has become to be known - to chose.
Ultimitely the decision was narrowed down to the big 3:
1. The Burt Reynolds
2. The Tom Selleck
3. The Ron Burgundy
In the end, there was no competition; Burgundy is king. And so it came to pass...
Behold, witness the birth of The Burgundy Mark 2!

The effects were instantaneous. As I called to the reception of the Bangkok flophouse we were staying in, the receptionist was rendered speechless for a few seconds. When she finally got a grip, she tried to casually remark that I had changed and asked me if I had a haircut.
"It's just the tache honey, it's just the tache"
Later that night - the night the photo above was taken, I was propositioned several times, mainly by females.
Mainly, my girlfriend was not impressed. I have explained that now that I am sporting the Burgundy Sextache
it's just something she's going to have to get used to...I think she's coming round.


My next mission was to 'accidentally' lose my ID card in order to fulfill the requirements of epic quest #3. No Problem. Getting a replacement...problem.
Eventually it came to pass. Photos were exchanged along with unreasonably large amounts of cash and I became a card carrying mustachioed man. Something to show my grandkids along with the grand prize in years to come.

The quest continues...

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker