Wednesday, June 18, 2008

All Hail the King

Fellow competitors, I feel that I should apologize before I begin this post because there is no way any of you will be able to beat me after this week.  I expect resignation letters from the majority of the "competition" later in the week.  

This week brought me to one of the biggest events in the city of Rochester.  The Rochester International Jazz Festival.  Going on the 7th annual year, the festival boasts an attendance rate of over 100,000 people.  There is no better venue for displaying a fine 'stache and getting your groove on in your paddling gear.  You wanted a concert, you got it!  I'd estimate that I was 20+ years below the average age of the festival goers and the mustaches were all the rage this year.  I fit right in with the crowd.  Clad in my PFD, skirt and helmet I was ready to conquer the jazz festival and show Rochester what it takes to be the real Mustache King.
  
My concert of choice was the Wild Magnolia's,  a New Orleans band that can truly bring down the house.  Of course I had to wait in line to guarantee a seat in the crowded Harro East Ballroom.  I fit right in with the upper class citizens dressed in their fancy evening clothes. Who says a PFD isn't classy?

The music brought the crowd to their feet and I felt right at home dancing with the locals.  Unfortunately, I can't directly post the videos here because the blog says there is an "error". These videos are way to sweet for this blog to handle anyways.  Here are the links to the two videos.  First, I got my dance on with the two guys in traditional indian dress.  (see link to YouTube video).  Following this, a number of audience members were invited to the stage and I was able to showcase my talents for the whole crowd. (see link for 2nd video) Notice the plethora of cameras capturing the scene in the first video.  Now that is what I call a concert!    



You might as well shave the 'staches and hang up the cameras because this contest is over.  All hail the mustache king!

To be continued...
-MBG

1 comment:

jHo said...

Ah yes my friend, excellent post.

The upside of having that horrible dirty mustache is that the audience was far too horrified by it to be disgusted by your cracker-worthy dance moves.

To think I somehow had a hand in causing someone to publicly humiliate themselves in such a complete manner almost makes me feel guilty.....almost...

eXTReMe Tracker