Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Quest Buy

Well, I awoke this morning hearing that "...I love technology..." song (from ND) in my head and I thought, what better a day than this to go computer shopping! I figured I would "go native," as it were, and dress the part in the hopes of gett'in a sweet discount. So, I decide to go to Best Buy because, well I know where it is and it's the only place I know where you can buy a computer around here. Now, here I am figuring that these guys would think I was "one of them" and be more likely to deal with me when it was totally the opposite. I scared them.



This guy was standing with another Best Buy salesperson. That dude, looked at me sideways and bailed on my approach. The guy just kept talking to his customer completely ignoring me, even when I added some attitiude to my stance. Oh well, so much for strategy. These guys were not the least bit tech-y. Anything more than "power-on" may have been beyond their grasp. I was, however, a little afraid that this guy would turn around, put his hand on my head, and simply crush me - so I was stealthful in my escape.



Then I met this nice girl. She wasn't scared, brave soul. The power of mustache proved its might again as it charmed her into a world where all she could do was laugh when I talked to her. I was like "what???" In the end, no sweet discount, but the sweet sweet shopping memories would last forever.










No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker