Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a month can do

What one single month can do. At the beginning of May I looked something like this:

IMG_0066.JPG

Over 2000 miles of driving, 1 barber and a envelope to lock of love, 12 states, 4 razors, 3 days of kayaking lesson, 1 sisters graduation I now am ready:

IMG_0006.JPG

Ok, now the about me-ish part: I'm Alex Kerney, and I live in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. I'm going to be a junior in the geology department at Colorado College in the fall. During the winter I volunteer at Arapahoe Basin Ski Patrol. During the summer I am the director of the Adventure Camp at the local Y day camp (I run the overnight part of a day camp). I've just gotten started whitewater kayaking, and I just got finished up with taking a 3 day Beginner II course down at Zoar Outdoor which was a hoot and I got to do this:

IMG_2836.JPG

Now I am what most scientist describe as hooked. I've been sea kayaking most of my life, but really taught myself, which is probably makes it a good thing that my dad lost all our spray skirts. Now I'm trying to make some money this summer so I can get some whitewater gear of my own so I'm not always borrowing stuff from around school. That's called motivation people, It's on.

2 comments:

jHo said...

Oh my god, this picture makes me nauseous. What did you do buddy...shave with an old piece of oyster shell? A broken jack daniels bottle perhaps?

Gruesome

Alex Kerney said...

I usually use the crab carcasses that the seagulls leave all around my house. If I get lucky sometimes I can find a old razor dropped by a masshole, but they haven't started their yearly migration yet.

eXTReMe Tracker